I met Petra Green by Instagram, and after a swap of goods, she suggested the possibility of making a collaboration together. After some mails I was threading my loom again with hand dyed painted wool yarn. I had sworn not to weave “ummus” fabric again. But I caught her enthusiasm with the idea of making rounded cushions. I sent the fabric to London and some months after, voilà! They are beautifully well done.
Don’t forget to visit her online shop here.
(Front is made with hand dyed and hand woven merino wool fabric)
(Back is screenprinted by Room39. It has a leather tag with our names. Cute!)
(Petra Green, director of Room39)
/ / /
I’ve received a commission few weeks ago from a londoner designer. This handwoven fabric is hand painted before weaving. So I’ve dyed the threads with a brush little by little, changing the colours, and then, in the loom, I’ve woven it with a black weft. 100% wool.
/ / /
Last week Neukölln opened the door with some of my weaving tapestries hanging from its walls. Neukölln is a second hand furniture shop located in Barcelona, with a very selected collection of antiquities and new stuff. If you’re in Barcelona, don’t hesitate to take a look.
I like to try new techniques but sometimes it’s boring the search of information instead start trying it. I’m sure you understand what I mean.
I wanted to try a marbled effect on these leather cutouts, but far from marbling.. I’ve found other textures and patterns very unexpected. After that, a friend of mine has told me how the marble effect is made. Thank you Eva !
Here you can see what I’ve made:
I wasn’t a big fan of soaps until my sis gave me these handmade by her. They are gorgeous, aren’t they?
Today I’ve dyed some vegetable fibers for my next weaving work. I’m crazy with orange colours.
This is the nest of lemons that I weaved in the workshop made by the artist Tim Johnson ,it was very interesting.
Have a wonderful sunday !
I started untwisting some sisal ropes and I also found sisal fibers in a shop, so I bought about 2 kilos.
I dyed all in home with acid fibers, because I needed a bright color. I thought it would be impossible with natural dyes ( with my skills)
When the fibers were dry I could see the final color and texture. It gave me lot of energy.
So I started weaving without an idea of composition/shapes. I was interested in work directly with my hands and see what happen.
And this is what is happening, openings and bulges. In fact isn’t finished. Yet !
January is gone and I’m working in a eco-fashion project.
That’s why yesterday I was dyeing some wool in the kitchen with some plants and flowers; Delphinium ajacis, Santalum Album and Reseda luteola.
No bright colors.. nor toxics. And now is time to weave something with this yarn, so have a nice week!